Practical information: Mid-Term Review of CONFINTEA VI
The CONFINTEA VI Mid-Term Review is expected to bring together around 500 participants, including some 350 international participants.
1. Participation and registration (by invitation only)
Please note that participation is by invitation only. The deadline for registration has been extended to 15 August 2017. UNESCO Member States are invited to nominate their delegations to the event. Delegations can include:
- directors/senior decision-makers responsible for adult learning and education (ALE) within ministries of education or other government institutions; and/or
- practitioners/experts from civil society, academia and the private sector.
Alongside national delegations, participants will also include:
- leading specialists in the field of ALE and lifelong learning at national, regional and international levels;
- representatives of international and regional organisations and agencies; and
- media representatives.
UNESCO CONTACT AND FOCAL POINT
Should you have any queries, please contact the Project Officer of the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL), Mr. Alexandru Gaina, at email@example.com. Office Number: +49 40 44 80 41 31
2. Venue, weather and accommodation
The conference will be held at the
Ibis Ambassador Suwon Hotel
Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-doKorea
The temperature in October is expected to be around 19–22 degrees Celsius (°C).
Participants of the meeting are requested to make their hotel bookings on their own. However, since the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL) has a special agreement with some hotels and has already reserved a number of rooms at the hotels listed below, we recommend booking in one of these:
- Ibis Ambassador Hotel (Registration and Conference Venue)
- Novotel Ambassador Suwon
- Ramada Plaza Suwon Hotel
- Hotel Amour and Symphony
- Alex 72 Hotel
- Hotel ILMARE
- Silkroad Hotel
3. Visa and Travel information
Official transportation will be provided for participants from INCHEON International Airport (ICN) and also back to the airport for participants’ return flight. Please look out for a driver bearing the UNESCO/SUWON sign. Please bear in mind that check-in for international flights is 3 hours prior to flight departure, and 90 minutes before departure for regional flights. Departure times from their Hotel to airport will be communicated to participants at the meeting.
PASSPORT AND VISA
Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least three months and that you have a valid VISA, if necessary.
Please note that visa requirements, if any, shall be the responsibility of the participant.
Participants requiring support with visas are invited to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Financial arrangements and support
- There is no participation fee for the conference.
- The host city of Suwon has generously agreed to sponsor the cost of meals for all participants throughout the conference.
- In principle, participants are expected to cover their own travel, accommodation and subsistence costs.
- Some support is available for designated participants from least developed and some developing countries.
5. Conference languages
Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in English, French, Spanish and Korean.