LIFE Resource Pack now available
In support of UNESCO's Literacy Initiative for Empowerment (LIFE), UIL has developed a Resource Pack which includes reports on LIFE meetings, publications on effective practices in literacy, flyers and CDs containing research-based advocacy documents on literacy. The LIFE Resource Pack was designed to help advance LIFE, the UNLD and EFA, and is now available on request
The contents of the Pack, published initially in English and French, include:
- the LIFE Vision and Strategy Paper;
- three reports on Regional Meetings of LIFE countries in the Arab, Asia and the Pacific and African regions
- the Report of the African Regional Conference in Support of Global Literacy (Bamako, September 2007);
- Effective Practices in Literacy in Africa;
- Effective Practices in Family Literacy and Intergenerational Learning Around the World;
- the Bamako Call for Action;
- the Maputo Strategic Platform;
- "Why Literacy Matters for HIV Prevention" from the Series "Literacy Matters";
- several flyers; and
- CDs containing research-based advocacy documents on literacy.
The Resource Pack, to which other publications and tools in support of literacy will be added over time, is designed to help advance LIFE, the UNLD and EFA around the world.
UIL has started to distribute the packs to focal points from the 35 LIFE countries and will be sending further copies to other key stakeholders. The documents are also available for download on UIL's website and the LIFEline online platform.
For the full package in PDF click here